"The Welfare Costs of (Dis)inflation" with Hannah Herman, July 2018.
"Grown-up Business Cycles", with Aysegul Sahin
The Review of Financial Studies, Volume 32(3), March 2019, Pages 1102–1147
Journal of Monetary Economics, Volume 97, August 2018, Pages 111-115
"Older and Slower: The Startup Deficit's Lasting Impact on Productivity Growth" , with Titan Alon, David Berger and Rob Dent
Journal of Monetary Economics, Volume 93, January 2018, Pages 68-85
"Do Job to Job Transitions Drive Wage Growth over the Business Cycle" with Fatih Karahan, Ryan Michaels, Aysegul Sahin and Rachel Schuh
American Economic Review: P&P, May 2017
"The Role of Startups in Structural Transformation", with Rob Dent, Fatih Karahan and Aysegul Sahin
American Economic Review, P&P, May 2016
"Wealth, Tastes and Entrepreneurship", with Erik Hurst
Chapter in Measuring Entrepreneurial Businesses: Current Knowledge and Challenges, 2017
"Are Household Surveys Like Tax Forms: Evidence from Income Underreporting of the Self-Employed", with Erik Hurst and Geng Li
Review of Economics and Statistics, Volume 96(1), March 2014, Page 19-33
"What do Small Businesses Do?", with Erik Hurst
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Fall 2011
"The Mistake of 1937: A General Equilibrium Analysis" with Gauti Eggertsson
Monetary and Economic Studies, Dec 2006
Research in Progress
- "Macroeconomic implications of the rise in pass throughs" with Sebastian Dyrda
- "Taxes, Private Equity and Evolution of Income Inequality in the U.S." with Sebastian Dyrda [preliminary draft] [EM3C Slides] [mwm]
- Liquidity Effects of Unemployment Benefit Extensions: Evidence from Consumer Credit Data with Rene Chalom, Fatih Karahan and Kurt Mitman [preliminary draft] [slides]
Discussions and Comments
- "Job Creation and Survival Among Entrepreneurs: Evidence from the Universe of U.S. Startups" by Fairlie, Miranda and Zolas, NBER Entrepreneurship Working Group, December 7, 2018.
- “Structural Transformation and the Rise of Information Technology” by Gallipoli and Makridis, Carnegie Rochester NYU Conference on Public Policy, November 11, 2017. [published comment]
- “Firming up Inequality” by Bloom, Song, Price, Guvenen and von Wachter, 2016 Cowles Summer Macroeconomics Conference, June 8, 2016.
- “Firm Age, Investment Opportunities and Job Creation” by Adelino, Ma and Robinson, 2016 ASSA Meetings (San Francisco), Jan 4, 2016.
- “Jobs Incorporated: Incorporation Status and Job Creation” by Astebro and Tag , 6th IZA/Kauffman Foundation Workshop on Entrepreneurship, Sep 16, 2015.
- “Young, Restless, and Creative: Openness to Disruption and Creative Innovation” by Acemoglu, Akcigit, and Celik, 2015 ASSA Meetings (Boston), Jan 5, 2015.
- “Reallocation in the Great Recession: Cleansing or Not” by Foster, Grim and Haltiwanger, Penn State RDC Conference, April 7, 2014.
- “House Prices, Collateral, and Self-Employment” by Adelino, Schoar, and Severino, NBER Entrepreneurship Working Group Meeting, Dec 12, 2012.
- “Direct Estimation of Hidden Earnings” and “Foreign Corporations and the Culture of Transparancy” by Braguinsky, Mityakov and Liscovich, NBER Productivity, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Program Meeting, Mar 16, 2012.
- “Procurement Auctions with Capacity-Constrained Bidders: Evidence from the Lab” by Saini and Suter, 2011 IIOC Meetings (Boston), April 2011.
- "Longitudinal Linking of Enterprises in the LBD and SSL", with Robert Dent and Harrison Wheeler, CES‐TN‐2018‐02 .
- "Exploring differences in unemployment risk" Liberty Street Economics Blog, November 2015.
- "How attached to the labor force are the long term unemployed? " Liberty Street Economics Blog, November 2014.
- "Long-term unemployed and the wages of new hires", Liberty Street Economics Blog, November 2014.