"The Welfare Costs of (Dis)inflation" with Hannah Herman, July 2018.
"Grown-up Business Cycles", with Aysegul Sahin, February 2018.
Forthcoming, Review of Financial Studies
Journal of Monetary Economics, August 2018
"Older and Slower: The Startup Deficit's Lasting Impact on Productivity Growth", with Titan Alon, David Berger and Rob Dent.
Journal of Monetary Economics, January 2018
"Do Job to Job Transitions Drive Wage Growth over the Business Cycle" with Fatih Karahan, Ryan Michaels, Aysegul Sahin and Rachel Schuh
American Economic Review: P&P, May 2017
"The Role of Startups in Structural Transformation", with Rob Dent, Fatih Karahan and Aysegul Sahin
American Economic Review, P&P, May 2016
"Wealth, Tastes and Entrepreneurship", with Erik Hurst
Chapter in Measuring Entrepreneurial Businesses: Current Knowledge and Challenges, 2017
"Are Household Surveys Like Tax Forms: Evidence from Income Underreporting of the Self-Employed", with Erik Hurst and Geng Li
Review of Economics and Statistics, March 2014
"What do Small Businesses Do?", with Erik Hurst
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Fall 2011
"The Mistake of 1937: A General Equilibrium Analysis" with Gauti Eggertsson
Monetary and Economic Studies, Dec 2006
Discussions and Comments
- "Job Creation and Survival Among Entrepreneurs: Evidence from the Universe of U.S. Startups" by Fairlie, Miranda and Zolas, NBER Entrepreneurship Working Group, December 7, 2018.
- “Structural Transformation and the Rise of Information Technology” by Gallipoli and Makridis, Carnegie Rochester NYU Conference on Public Policy, November 11, 2017. [published comment]
- “Firming up Inequality” by Bloom, Song, Price, Guvenen and von Wachter, 2016 Cowles Summer Macroeconomics Conference, June 8, 2016.
- “Firm Age, Investment Opportunities and Job Creation” by Adelino, Ma and Robinson, 2016 ASSA Meetings (San Francisco), Jan 4, 2016.
- “Jobs Incorporated: Incorporation Status and Job Creation” by Astebro and Tag , 6th IZA/Kauffman Foundation Workshop on Entrepreneurship, Sep 16, 2015.
- “Young, Restless, and Creative: Openness to Disruption and Creative Innovation” by Acemoglu, Akcigit, and Celik, 2015 ASSA Meetings (Boston), Jan 5, 2015.
- “Reallocation in the Great Recession: Cleansing or Not” by Foster, Grim and Haltiwanger, Penn State RDC Conference, April 7, 2014.
- “House Prices, Collateral, and Self-Employment” by Adelino, Schoar, and Severino, NBER Entrepreneurship Working Group Meeting, Dec 12, 2012.
- “Direct Estimation of Hidden Earnings” and “Foreign Corporations and the Culture of Transparancy” by Braguinsky, Mityakov and Liscovich, NBER Productivity, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Program Meeting, Mar 16, 2012.
- “Procurement Auctions with Capacity-Constrained Bidders: Evidence from the Lab” by Saini and Suter, 2011 IIOC Meetings (Boston), April 2011.